Leaves from my Family Tree
Nancy Monorcas Wilcox Henderson
Nancy Monorcas Wilcox Henderson was my great-great grandmother.
She was born 19 April 1834 in Scott County, Virginia, to Peyton Wilcox and Elizabeth Vinyard. Her parents died when she was young, and she grew up with relatives.
On 12 February 1863, in Davis County, Iowa, Nancy married Robert Alexander Henderson.
She was living in Washington Territory when it became a state, and also lived in Missouri and Oregon.
She died 2 February 1923 while living with her daughter, Sarah Stober, in Pierce County, Nebraska.
In September, 1883, she received a letter detailing a death in the family.
Please click here to read the letter.
Click here to see Nancy's Photo Page.
My direct line from this "Leaf" of my Family Tree:
- Peyton Wilcox
- married Elizabeth Vinyard (abt 1800 - abt 1840)
- Nancy Monorcas Wilcox (1834 - 1923)
- married Robert Alexander Henderson (1832 - 1899)
- William Peyton Henderson (1866 - 1936)
- married Minerva Elizabeth Bever (1872 - 1961)
- Ruth Monorcas Wilcox Henderson (1893 - 1983)
Some of the information on this site is Family Tradition;
some of it has been documented.
If you would like to know my sources, please e-mail me.
|© 2001-2004 Dianne McRae
My Husband's Family